How much does a
In 2007 I did Movember. I hated the whole moustache growing experience so much I vowed never to do it again. Between 2007 and 2013 I stacked on 10kg. After a while, I had the realisation that these two things might just be related.
Could my constant shaving have driven my moustache inwards?
To test my theory I took part in Movember 2013, weighing myself before I started and then again at the end of Movember after I'd shaved off my newly grown mo'.
During the moustache cultivation period I stimulated growth by:
- Lifting heavy things (because that’s MANLY),
- Limiting my intake of substances that would stop me operating heavy machinery (because operating heavy machinery in MANLY)
- Ditching large lattes in favour of straight espresso (because that will put hair on your…lip)
- Eating less, as the body’s survival instinct is to stimulate moustache growth so that more crumbs can be caught and retained.
- Doing good things in the community (because that’s gentleMANLY!)
Amazingly, after shaving I was 6kg lighter, adding empirical credence to my in-grown moustache theory.
I intend to repeat the experiment this year, possibly with an expanded sample size.
Please note that I do not recommend growing beyond one month as the extra weight on the front of the head may cause serious musculoskeletal issues in the neck.